Thursday, November 15, 2007

Get in my belly!


This is a picture of where lunch was served! Whether it was tuna casserole or chef salad with Velvetta cheese and canned ham this is where we filled our bellies. This is also where I got feedback from students and sometimes other teachers. My day usually consisted of a math class followed by an English class followed by lunch which worked out perfectly. I would go to different students' tables and ask them about the lesson I had done with them or helped the other teacher to do. I always got great feedback which helped me further formulate other ideas and lesson components. I would sit with students and eat lunch with them. We would discuss what was important to them. This sort of grassroots approach helped me tremendously as a future educator. Towards the end of my time they referred to me as a friend. I cannot wait to go back and see how they are all doing. I guess what I am really trying to say is that the cafeteria food was just a necessary evil through which I could get to the real source of nourishment - my time with students who would help me get through my career much more than the food might help me get through the day.

No comments: