Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh Goodie...A Personal Slave!



That was basically the idea that I got of the teacher's reaction to me observing her. When I originally started there she had informed me that it would not be me just sitting there and taking notes (which unfortunately has been the experience of some of my peers). I would be running copies and doing other fairly menial tasks throughout the day. In fact, the copier pictured here is where I spent a significant amount of time while "observing". The teacher would use these workbooks and she would make copies of them to distribute to the class (this was a way to avoid buying textbooks as well). She even said that she wasn't sure what she would do once I left. Obviously, she would have to make the copies herself...but given her busy schedule this would only put even more constraint on her time. Perhaps she has by now found another student who can do these things. The experience I had was worth it though. Besides, when at this copier I had the opportunity to chat with other teachers, the janitor, and the office people...so it wasn't a lost cause at all.

No comments: